Also - I walked to physio and back on Tuesday, and while I was a bit stiff and sore the next day, it was in a good way (unlike the week before, when I was just being a stubborn idiot). Total walk is a little over 2.5K, so my goal is to start doing that at least 3 times a week, and gradually increase. We shall see what happens, since I am basically LAZY AS SHIT.
Moving along... next item up for bid: A meme in two parts.
Part 1: alisane has requested that I answer the following meme questions:
1. If you didn't have to sleep, what would you do with the extra time?
Read. Maybe some crafts, but mostly, read. Hell, I trade away a lot of SHOULD BE SLEEPING time for reading as it is.
2. What's your favorite drink?
Erm. That is as changeable as the seasons. I can say my current fave beer, for example, is Dark Matter by Hoyne, but that will likely change over time. For pop, I like A&W root beer.
3. What TV show or movie do you refuse to watch?
Pretty much any reality TV show. Shows that deliberately pit people against other people and celebrate doing underhanded, terrible things to the other contestants to win make me sad. If there was a show where everyone had to work together to win, I might feel differently.
4. If you could have a never-ending candle that smelled like anything you wanted, what fragrance would you want it to be?
Interesting question. It's hard too choose, but there's nothing quite like the fresh, sharp, salt tang of the wind coming in off the ocean. Except maybe the mountain breezes. AUGH! CHOICES!
5. If your life was a book, what would its title be?
Are you Serious?
(I want a refund)
6. What's your dream car?
Don't laugh. A big-assed mini-van with doors on both sides, fold in seats, shit tons of leg room and kick ass mileage. And big windows.
7. What skill would you like to master?
Playing ALL THE STRING THINGS. Seriously. If I had to choose ONLY ONE, then banjola since that is what I am working on now.
8. What's your favorite genre of book or movie?
Ooo, Action / SF. Hands down, gotta be.
9. Which is the cutest, puppies, kittens or baby bunnies? (Good luck picking).
10. Who is your least favorite fandom character?
Hm. There are a number I am pretty apathetic about.
11. What's special about the place you grew up?
Well. Nothing is special about the place I spent too many of my formative years. However, when I was really little, before we moved to hell, I lived way up North and I gotta tell you, the Northern Lights are something else.
Part 2: tag some people to answer questions you make up.
Well... I don't think I will specifically tag people, but how about this: if you want to play, please tell me stuff! I honestly enjoy these meme things because it's really fun learning new things about people. You can post on your own LJ/DW or reply here, but TELL ME ALL THE THINGS!
SHOULD YOU CHOOSE TO PLAY, here are your questions:
1. Fandom crossovers: If you like them, what is your fave crossover (or what would you love to see)? If you hate them, why?
2. Let's play Shag, Marry, Or Push of a cliff. Your choices are Spike (BtVS), Julian Sark, and Lucius Malfoy.
Hmmm. I am noticing a distinct pattern here...
3. What is your favourite story that is inspired by/related to a song? Alternately, what song do you wish would inspire someone to write a fic?
4. Is there a piece of music that you were previously unfamiliar with that you discovered through fandom/fanfic and now love? (Link me to the story/music if you don't mind!)
5. Tell me you guilty pleasure movie! Why do you love it?
6. What crafty thing(s) do you make (or enjoy if you don't make)?
7. How many cups of coffee/tea does it take you to make you human? If you don't do coffee or tea HOW??
(I am a 2 cup minimum, and I don't understand how the non caffeinated people of the world do it)
8. What was your first computer/modem?
(my first was a TRS-80 Model 4 and a 300 baud manual mini modem; I had to type in the init string to connect - BEAT THAT!)
9. How many books do you own? How many of them are paper?
10. How many electronic devices do you own that connect to the internet?
11. Are you interested in swapping handmade crafty items (cards, bracelets, ATCs)? Or even if not swapping, randomly getting things on occasion?
(I make stuff. I tried to sell it on etsy but I'm not good at being consistent. I'd rather just give stuff to people, but I'm lazy and my inspiration is random.)
This entry was originally posted at https://shaddyr.dreamwidth.org/409550.html. Please comment wherever you want.